Friday, April 12, 2019

DAY 31 - New Healing: Be A Healer, Not A Destroyer (Please click here for English podcast)


Congratulations! You have gone through 2/3 of our 40 days Break.Build daily devotion. Don't stop! If you can have a non-stop daily devotion, then on Day 41 you have a better chance to build a life-time lifestyle of daily intimate relationship with God. Don't stop!
Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Open your heart to praise the Lord

       The Lord is my strength and my shield;
           in him my heart trusts, and I am helped;
           my heart exults,
            and with my song I give thanks to him.
         

                                         Psalm 28:7
                                                                       
Confession and repentance

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to work in you:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word


And when Jesus entered Peter's house, he saw his mother-in-law lying sick with a fever.15 He touched her hand, and the fever left her, and she rose and began to serve him.16 That evening they brought to him many who were oppressed by demons, and he cast out the spirits with a word and healed all who were sick. 17 This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah: “He took our illnesses and bore our diseases.”
                                                              Matthew 8:14-17


Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmax47l2hLU

My Listening
     We have another passage after yesterday's to see the authority of Jesus in healing. Matthew quotes from Isaiah 53.4 leading people to see how Jesus' suffering and death takes away our infirmities and sins.

     When Jesus is there, healing comes. 

     Are you willing to be used by Jesus to bring healing and be a healer? 

     You must be thinking, "Are you joking? How can I be a healer?" No, I am not. Remember what this passage leads us to understand - when Jesus is there, healing comes. So, if you have a daily intimate relationship with Jesus, which means that Jesus is with you every minute, healing comes from Him through you. 

     On the contrary, I have seen so many people including Christians who have been used by Satan to bring destruction. I have seen too much destruction and hurt in marriages, families, churches and everywhere. Watch out, it is not so difficult to be used by Satan to say some real hurtful things to hurt those who love you and even destroy their lives. 

     Be a healer, not a destroyer please! 

Dear Lord Jesus,
      Lead us to lay down our lives to you so that you can use us to be healers.  In Jesus name we pray. Amen.  

Reflect on these questions:
1. Have you seen any healing through prayers yet? Can you share one of those experiences?

2. Have you seen some Christians, perhaps even Christian leaders, used by Satan to be destroyers?

3. How can you avoid being a destroyer being used by Satan? How do you know if you act like that but thinking that you are doing some good things for Jesus? 

4. Are you willing to be used by Jesus to bring healing and be a healer? 

Family Corner:
1. Has any of your family members experienced healing from Jesus before? How is that experience? 

2. How can you tell that kind of healing stories from the Bible or other resource to your family members? 

Praise and Thanksgiving

Let's give thanks for God with us. Let us praise Him:
10,000 Reasons


Please click this link if you have an AndroidCel: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideal.rec.app 

To purchase my new book "MicroMacro Discipline" please click these links below:

Amazon.com
Click here for paperback
Click here for Kindle
             
Amazon.ca

Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment